Friday 12th March - Sunday 14th March
Friday: Today was the day that we would finally set off in the direction we had always planned on going. We were both exited and there was a great sense of anticipation as to what lay ahead. We packed up the camper, said goodbye to parents and set off for Lakes Entrance. We arrived at about 5:00 to a very full house. Including us there were ten people staying at the house at once. The people we were staying with were old friends and it was wonderful to see them again and catch up on two years of happenings. We knew we were only able to stay there for a few days and would need to find somewhere else to set up, however by this stage we had experienced enough of this sort of thing and we were not even remotely worried. We have learned to trust God and know that he has prepared the way for us, including were we will rest our heads at night.We were invited along to the youth group that night so we went along. It was heaps of fun and Sarah and I spent much of our time connecting and meeting the youth who were running around and being generally crazy like youth are. I got asked to play a song so I played "Hope in You." It went down really well and everyone seemed to appreciate the song. After we heard a brief sermon I helped lead worship and was blown away watching all of the youth really get into it. We both had a great time.
Saturday: This morning I went to a men's breakfast. It was at a floating restaurant which was a very different experience. Again it was great opportunity to get to know a number of people from the church in a different environment. The meal was really nice too. One of the men got up and gave his testimony, it was really powerful. Sarah went and had breakfast with the women. She also had a good time getting to know everyone a little better.
We both chilled out on the beach for the afternoon. We did that because the beach is practically on our doorstep, oh yeah. Sarah had fun playing in the waves and I collected some really cool shells, mostly smooth broken ones with really strong colours. Later on I made some necklaces out of the shells and gave them to the young girls from the family we were staying with.
Sunday: This morning we went to Lakes Community Church. The first thing we noticed was that the seats were really far away from the stage. The reason being is that during worship everyone comes up the front dances around, sings and really gets into the worship. It was a pretty amazing thing to witness and be a part of. After the service everyone stayed and we all had lunch together and fellowshipped. When I say everyone stayed I’m not talking about five or ten people but more like around 50 people. It was a wonderful example of good community.

No comments:
Post a Comment