Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Lakes Entrance part 2

Monday 15th March - Friday 19th March

Monday: This week was mostly about getting used to a routine. Sarah was working and so was I. I have decided to split my time between doing 3 hours of admin stuff and 3 hours of practice. Admin stuff incorporates everything from doing the blog (which takes a lot longer than you may realize), contacting churches and schools, meeting with people and a whole lot of other stuff. Practice is fairly self explanatory, however I have written up a practice routine to make sure I utilize my time as well as possible. I believe it is important for everyone to work and even though my work is technically unpaid our ministry won't run by itself and takes a lot of organizational work. Also I believe I owe it to all the people who have supported us so generously.

Monday night we moved to another house up the road where there is a little more room. The family we are staying with has two kids. They are all lots of fun, very generous and hospitable. We were greeted by the words "make yourselves at home, what’s mine is yours."

Tuesday: The family we are staying with got a kitten last night. It is so cute and so distracting. Both Sarah and I are doing work. As we get absolutely no reception here, the family have very generously said we can use their wireless internet and their computer. Of course the computer is in the same room as the kitten. I still think I got a fair amount of work done, it was just interspersed with playing with and cuddling the kitten.

Sarah is doing really well with her transcription and has been told that if she does ok today that tomorrow she can move to paid work. All of her files will still be proofread by someone else which means that Sarah will be on a lower rate, however it's worth it for the peace of mind.

One of the wonderful things about the house we are currently staying at is that not only can you see the ocean but you can hear it occasionally, especially as you go to sleep at night. We have been and will be frequently visiting the beach, going for relaxing strolls. Oh yeah, life is good.

Wednesday: Sarah started work today. She is doing really well. Trying to adjust to some of the various challenges but she's getting there. We will be picking up a package later today with some programs that will make various aspects of her work much easier. We are both really grateful that Sarah is finally able to start working and that we will have an income.

We went to a bible study tonight. We got to fellowship with a bunch of people from the church up here. The study was about tithe. We heard a lot of amazing testimonies about how God had come through for people just when they needed it. At the end of the study I shared my song “Surrender” with everyone.

Thursday: I finally began the process of putting my songs up on iTunes today. They will be processed in two to four weeks, so keep an eye out. One of the biggest issues I have had is playing somewhere and having people wanting to buy a CD but not having any money on them at the time. It will be such a relief to be able to say to people don't worry you can get it later on from home. In a number of situations I have just given the CD's away, especially when it comes to youth.

That afternoon we helped out with an event the church was running. The event was an Easter workshop. I helped out as a leader and Sarah started out as a leader but then suddenly got delegated the role of photographer. The workshop was great. There were a number of songs which the kids really got into, unfortunately leaders also had to attempt to dance and be silly, not massively my forte but I gave it a go. They also had a play and then some activities. My group’s activity involved colouring in these really cool fold-out things which told the Easter story. I took great pride in my colouring in. It was wonderful to see Sarah hovering around taking photos, she did a really great job.

That night the kids convinced us to go out riding with them. It was a lot of fun. They showed us around some of the paths and where they like to ride. Of course we came inevitably to a massive and steep hill. So I did the responsible thing of riding down as fast as I could, setting an excellent example for the kids. Don't worry I told them not to try what I was doing, because that stopped them. For the record I managed to get up to 59kph. We all had a lot of fun.

Friday: Today mostly involved a nice little seven hour drive from Lakes Entrance to Ballarat. Sarah was wonderful and did most of the driving as I was still feeling a little bit sick and needed to do a lot over the weekend. We arrived in Ballarat and were really grateful to have somewhere to stay. We chilled out that night and went to bed fairly early, ready for the big weekend that lay ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment